On behalf of the Consular Section of the Consulate General of Hungary in Los Angeles, we warmly welcome you on our website.
The Consulate is open for Consular clients from Monday to Thursday between 8:30 a.m. and 4 p.m. upon prior appointments. Please note that appointments are required for all consular and visa matters. We cannot accept walk-in applications.
Client services – by phone (310 473 9344): Friday 10AM-12PM.
Appointments can be booked directly through our online booking system. TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT PLASE CLICK HERE ----> https://konzinfobooking.mfa.gov.hu
Please note that we cannot issue earlier appointments. Please download and fill out all the required application forms before coming to the Consulate. If you fail to prepare your application properly, you might be advised to book a new appointment and come back later. Please bring the confirmation email with you to your appointment.
Please note that in most of the cases the Consulate only receives the applications and forward them to the competent Hungarian authority, therefore, the Consulate cannot expedite the procedures. If you wish to get an update about your case, please contact directly the competent Hungarian authority.
Before the appointment:
- Requirements for consular affairs can be found on the relevant pages of the website.
- Please read our website carefully.
- Please download and fill out all the required application forms before coming to the Consulate. If you fail to prepare your application properly, you might be advised to book a new appointment and come back later.
At the Consulate:
- Due to the high number of applications we cannot accept delays, therefore we ask you to arrive on time to your appointment. In case of delay, you might be asked to book a new appointment and come back later.
- Please make sure that you have an appointment for the right consular case. To avoid any inconveniences please double-check the relevant information on the website.
- Payment of the fee is the basic requirement of consular procedures. If you cannot pay for the consular service at the time of application, the procedure cannot be started and you shall be asked to book a new appointment.
- There is no expedited procedure at the Consulate. The expected lenght of the proceedings can be found on the website but this is for information purposes only.
- Please note that in most of the cases, the Consulate only receives the applications and forwards them to the competent Hungarian authority, therefore the Consulate cannot expedite the procedures. If you wish to get an update about your case, please contact directly the competent Hungarian authority.
- You will be informed about the outcome of the procedure via email, phone or by mail.
Please be informed that the Consular Section of the Hungarian Consulate General is closed on both Hungarian and US national holidays.
Please note that the Consular Fees can be paid by debit/credit card only at the Consulate.
Please see the consular fees https://losangeles.mfa.gov.hu/assets/17/89/32/9104447413a53449f5365cf2bfdd1b768ba1b1be.docx.
Information about COVID-19 in Hungary http://abouthungary.hu/
Attention! Although the consular information website has been created with great care and we pay attention to update it regularly, we are not liable to any legal responsibilities for any inaccuracies that may appear on this site.