On behalf of the Consular Section of the Consulate General of Hungary in Los Angeles we warmly welcome you on our website.
The Consulate is open for Consular clients from Tuesday to Thursday between 9:00 a.m. and 4 p.m. upon prior appointments. Please note that appointments are required for all consular and visa matters. We cannot accept walk-in applications.
Client services – by phone (310 473 9344): Monday and Friday 10AM-12PM.
Appointments can be booked directly through our online booking system. TO BOOK AN APPOINTMENT PLASE CLICK HERE ----> https://konzinfobooking.mfa.gov.hu
Please note that we use the same Appointment Booking System, therefore we can not issue earlier appointments. Please download and fill out all the required documents before coming to the Consulate . If you fail to prepare your application properly you might be advised to book a new appointment and come back later. Please bring the confirmation email with you to your appointment!
Please note that in most of the cases the Consulate only receives the applications and forward them to the competent Hungarian authority, therefore the Consulate can not expedite the procedures. If you wish to get an update about your case please contact directly the competent Hungarian authority.
Before the appointment:
- Requirements for consular affairs can be found on the relevant pages of the website.
- Please read our website carefully.
- Please download and fill out all the required documents before coming to the Consulate . If you fail to prepare your application properly you might be advised to book a new appointment and come back later.
At the Consulate:
- Due to high number of applications we can not tolerate delays, therefore we ask you to arrive on time to your appointment. In case of delay you might be asked to book a new appointment and come back later.
- Please make sure that you have an appointment for the right consular case. To avoid any inconveniences please double-check the relevant information on the website.
- Payment of the fee is the basic requirement of consular procedures. If you can not pay for the consular service at the time of application the procedure can not be started and you shall be asked to book a new appointment.
- There is no expedited procedure at the Consulate. The expected lenght of the proceedings can be found on the website but this is for information only.
- Please note that in most of the cases the Consulate only receives the applications and forward them to the competent Hungarian authority, therefore the Consulate can not expedite the procedures. If you wish to get an update about your case please contact directly the competent Hungarian authority.
- You will be informed about the outcome of the procedure via email, phone or by mail.
We are also informing hereby our clients that the Consular Section of the Hungarian Consulate General is closed on both Hungarian and American national holidays.
Additionally, please note, that currently the Consular Fees shall be paid at the Consulate by debit/credit card only.
Please see the consular fees https://losangeles.mfa.gov.hu/assets/17/89/32/9104447413a53449f5365cf2bfdd1b768ba1b1be.docx.
Information on Hungarian entry requirements during the Covid-19 pandemic preparedness period https://konzuliszolgalat.kormany.hu/information-on-hungarian-entry-requirements-due-to-covid-19-situation
Information about COVID-19 in Hungary http://abouthungary.hu/
Attention! Although the consular information website has been created with great care and we pay attention to update it regularly, we are not liable to any legal responsibilities for any inaccuracies that may appear on this site.
Please locate your closest Embassy or Consulate here:
Embassy of Hungary, Washington, DC
Szabolcs Takács, Ambassador
3910 Shoemaker Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
Phone: (202) 362-6730
Fax: (202) 966-8135
States covered: Washington, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida.
Consulate General of Hungary in New York
István Pásztor, Consul General
223 East 52nd Street, New York, NY 10022
Phone: (212) 752-0669
Fax: (212) 755-5986
States covered: Connecticut, Delaware, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Massachussets, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York, Pennsylvania.
Consulate General of Hungary in Chicago
Tamás Kovács, Consul General
303 East Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL 60601
Phone: (312) 344-1290
States covered: Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, Wisconsin.
Consulate General of Hungary in Los Angeles
Tamás Széles, Consul General
11766 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 410, Los Angeles, CA 90025
Phone: (310) 473-9344
Fax: (310) 479-6443
States covered: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, South Dakota, North Dakota, Hawaii, Idaho, California, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming.
Hungary's Permanent Mission to the United States:
Katalin Bogyay, Ambassador
Permanent Representative to the United Nations