In order to obtain certificates or records from Hungary, you have to supply us the following data and send the application to the diplomatic or consular representation whose area of responsibility includes the state you live in.

Certificates can be requested only if the birth, marriage, divorce or death occurred in the present-day territory of Hungary. Please note that state and municipal registration has been in place since 1895.

Please always state your relationship to the person whose certificate you request. If not a relative, state the purpose of obtaining the certificate.

Your request will be forwarded to the competent Hungarian authorities. 

1) Birth certificate form is available here

2) Marriage certificate form is available here

3) Death certificate form is available here

Please send the application form along with a copy of valid ID notarized by an American notary public and 28 USD money order made out to the Consulate General of Hungary in Los Angeles.